According to the Supreme Court, sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexually determined behaviour such as:
- Physical contact, gestures, or stalking
- A demand or request for sexual favors
- Sexually oriented remarks
- Showing pornography
- Use of electronic media (phone, internet, intranet) for perpetrating any of the above
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal, or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
It is important to note here that what constitutes sexual harassment is defined by the victim, and not by the perpetrator.